So I’m the kind of nerd who has giant industrial size bags of bicarbonate of soda (AKA baking soda) in her house for eco-friendly cleaning and junk. The cheapest way to buy bicarb is to pick up one of these large bags off eBay, but you can pick up regular size tubs from just about any supermarket. Bicarb is great for sucking up moisture, which makes it ideal for dealing with sweaty skates and trainers. Adding a few drops of a fresh-smelling essential oil (I like tea tree) might just make you the best smelling person at practice.
What you’ll need to make a set of skate deodorisers:
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Old pair of socks
- Essential oil (I used tea tree)
- A spoon and scissors
Scroll down for instructions on how to make em…
- Get all your shit together.
- Roll down one of the socks until you have a little pouch shape. Spoon in bicarb until it’s the size of a small fist. Sprinkle on a few drops of essential oil.
- Tie up the sock and cut off some of the excess fabric.
- Repeat the process with sock two, et voila – your sock deodorisers are ready to go!